Friday, April 25, 2008

Sadness and Joy...Live in the Moment.


Life is and can be a wonderous experience if one takes time to be in the moment.

This may sound stupid to some and curious to most, though existing in the now, leaving the past alone, the future a hopeful dream; seeing, hearing, smelling, and tasting in the exact moment of the time is, without doubt, a beautiful experience.

I remember an early morning walk with a past lover, the air was crisp, she seemed happy, then we saw the sunrise, slowly peeping over the horizon, with its deep reds and oranges and blues.

"Beautiful", I said.

And stopped all thought and actions, felt calm, just to feel the world and its majesty...I was in the moment.

All I could do was kiss her with all my energy because she and the world, at that precise moment, felt to be real Beauty and Love...so happy...and it was.


What I’ve discovered is living in the moment is what we are meant to do.

We are meant to be "of" the world not"in" the world.

We cannot change the past nor alter our future, (though we try) because life is so short that to be stuck with our transgressions in the past or future dreams is a waste of this precious time we have on this planet.

The moment, here, right now, look, touch, feel and suddenly the world becomes a beautiful place to be.

The image above reminds me of a moment when I sketched my son while he was a sleep. (This was many years ago.)

Living in the moment, feeling the joy of innocents and his little cat sleeping beside him almost brought me to tears.

Live in the moment and experience the miracle of life.

No comments: