Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dream


Last early morning my dreams were prolific moving at a fast pace forcing me to pay attention.

One of my favourite writers, Carl Jung, said that certain dreams, which he called “big” dreams, feel to carry you, feel to be separate, a power apart from you, the spirit, showing aspects of existence that are unusual, something strange to temporal awareness: a dream that must be observed; experienced and pondered upon waking.

The image is a strange and bigger than life cross or something akin to the Cross; my feeling in the dream was the cross had some Gnostic symbolism, a meaning far above my intelligence or spirituality.

My friend, a fellow teacher in the waking world, had been following me throughout the dream/scene. She wanted to know where I spent my time, where I travel during those times of unawareness…why I spaced out and seemed to be far away…

We arrived at the doors of the castle. She asked me to knock, but I knew in my heart that it was not the right time to knock. Right then, looking to the sky, the Cross began its rising journey into the clouds.

Words cannot describe this scene. The Cross rose into the clouds, slowly, moving at a pace not known in our world. As it was about to disappear, the space around the Cross moved, blinking, spreading, rippling, opening to another place then, vanished.

The Cross moved to where it belonged. But it was not my time to follow it; my companion was wrong. Turning towards her she appeared disappointed…why I hadn’t left with the Cross...she was so sure.

Waking feeling disturbed.

The image of the Cross remaines.

No comments: