Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great Pop Songs for Our Time...PINK -a Beauty.


This album was introduced to me by a student through a lesson on poetry and lyrics.

The young, shy girl, Year 9, handed me the CD and said, "You should listen to # 6:

"Im Not Dead".

An exceptionally produced Rock piece, the lyrics, strangly related to my life at the time. (Lines out of order.)

"Im not dead just floating."

"Im not scared just changing."

"You will crack at the sun light."

"Right under the ink of your tatto you'll find me."

"Even if this journey's over, I'd go back if you'd want me too.'

"In the middle of the belly of the beast we turned into."

"Right behind the cigarettes the devil found our smiles ... in the crack of sun light, I'll will find you."

"Even if this journey's over, I'd come back to you."

"And I'll know you'll come back again."

A beautiful song and overall a great Pop album.

Pink's songs are mostly about lost Love and wanting that Love to come back.

Great songs and CD.

Thanks young lady,

Mr. Middleton

No comments: