Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The End of a Long Week

Coming to the end of a very long week.
Awoke this morning to the notion that today might be a rough one and, well, it was…
While in the shower, my thoughts actually bounded from one subject to another, planning my day, thinking about a good friend and hoping the weather would change as it has been hot and as I’ve mentioned sometime before, hot weather drives me absolutely mad.
And come to think of it…I had turned mad and have remained in madness for the entire week.
More than likely, the fixation this week was a student in terrible trouble. Violence in the home and violence during recess and lunch, violence at the bus stop and violence in the street. A few of my colleagues are a little frightened of the boy, as his mental state borders on psychopath.
Why I say psychopath is he displays all the symptoms: manipulative, conscienceless, volatile and intent on doing harm yet shows a certain charm, lulling his victims into a state of defencelessness…and that’s when they strike.
Having dinner tonight with my good friend at one of our favourite restaurants.
We’ll talk of positive subjects, beauty and love, and the world will become home once again.

No comments: