Saturday, December 22, 2007

"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life."



Now that the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season has slowly toned down, it gives one a little time to reflect on the year.

Sitting alone in my apartment with only the sound of my cat, Molly, snoring on the couch, and the pattering of the rain and wind outside; feeling content after a marvelous dinner made by my lovely friend; meaningful conversation and the occasional smooch, has made the day perfect: but one has to ask, why?

To be in love is a wondrous experience: full of pain, drama, joy and sometimes actual magic.

When in love, merely sitting next to that person is a major event.
As an artist and writer, as the cliché goes, I am in love with love.

But this time is wholly different because this love is true and not simply a passing illusion, though a true heartfelt movement, in awe of the fact that a man of my age can actually “deal” with it, really feel so awe-inspired, so in love. But I know with all my being, it is there just the same…

To be loved and love someone is a great responsibility. One’s only wish is that they are happy, thus you work at it to ensure that happiness continues.

Love is glorious but in the end tragic, because one or the other must depart leaving the other alone…and it hurts the pain indescribable.

One of my favorite “love” quotes from the poet and wit, Oscar Wilde:

"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.”

This quote, to be sure, describes the “condition of love” in its purist visceral terms.

To be in-love is a gift.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love really is a gift. Another quote that comes to mind, especially when I think of you, is from that famous crooner..."the greatest gift you'll ever know is just to love, and be loved in return". I think Nat was right on the mark.

Chuiticons said...

what does he mean when he say "if you are not too long?"


does it means that you are long.. i will not wait for you?