Monday, September 10, 2007

Romantic, Fairy Tale Love


A new file for my “musings” BLOG, because unfortunately the hardware in my laptop crashed to such an extent that, it had to be replaced by a new one, hence, everything that did not get backed up, including unfinished articles, BLOG’S and teaching plans, unfinished letters, short stories, power point lessons for the Senior levels – poof! – they are all now floating somewhere in cyberspace, and irretrievable.

What a fool!

The irony is I tell my students everyday to back their work, “Physician Heal thy self!”

Most my writing is on line, my novel had been backed up (luckily) and most reviews are all on Amazon. However those few short stories that needed to be completed, well, if they are worth it, they’ll come up again.

Alone in my apartment, sitting on couch, laptop comfortably in position – candles alight around the room with a little jazz playing in the background. Atmosphere is something that can take one down to the depths or raise one to creative ecstasy. I enjoy soft light, slow music and incense burning; a pleasant atmosphere –books surround the room as my old friend, George, my cat, lies his head on my lap…strangely, when one feels that one’s heart has been broken, almost nothing can take that terrible feeling of emptiness away. There are many distractions, but no matter what is going on, that indelible memory of pure Love and Separation is carved in your consciousness and, for me, in one’s dreams…

I cannot remember who said it, Oscar Wilde or perhaps Yeats, that the true poet or true Romantic is, “In love with Love”. Why? Out of all the emotions, virtues, morals, Love is the one thing that permeates all that is good, all that is Beautiful.

To have the chance to experience true Romantic Love with a fellow human being, for me, was miraculous, something that should not happen at my age…but it happened.

Romantic Love can be described as child-like, innocent and pure. All the feelings erupt – butterflies in the stomach, with hints of true hope that real happiness is possible, that it really exists; you’d be happy just to be next to them, and if push came to shove, you would certainly, without hesitation, die for them.

One day you’re in a scene at the focus of all that Love: a miracle, an unexplainable Wonder, you find yourself with Them. The focus of all that love, and it feels so unreal, but she smiles like a Beautiful unknown Being from Heaven.

Fairy Tale Romance can and does exist but it never lasts, because as always, the god’s get jealous and the “wonderment” disappears.

If ever, the opportunity presents itself, jump in, “boots and all”, may you feel Love, so pure, so innocent, Romantic and totally Beautiful?

You will never be the same.


No comments: